lilypad for windows

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: lilypad for windows
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 10:56:36 +0200

Hi Patrick,

While I appreciate your  working on lilypad, I doubt
whether this is an efficient way of spending our efforts.

Why not write a simple editor in pygtk?  Indeed, I wanted
to write a simple editor to get you going and found gummi:

    http://gummi.midnightcoding.org/

it took me about 15 minutes to write this crude hack
(yes, should use .endswith () and os.path.split () etc)
to make it run and show lilypond preview.

It could be smart to work together with gummi,
possibly there are better programs than gummi,
possibly we're better off stealing their technology
(poppler pdf display) and rolling our own.

What do you think?

Oh, to run gummi, just install the necessary python-*
bindings (probably apt-get install python-poppler
will pull in everything), apply the patch and do

   python gummi/Core.py

Greetings,
Jan.

Freelance IT http://JoyOfSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl