Re: G clef changes [was: Re: Alternative music font]

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: G clef changes [was: Re: Alternative music font]
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 07:14:42 -0700

On 12/30/09 6:06 AM, "Marc Hohl" <address@hidden> wrote:

> @Carl:
> I am not at all familiar with SVG. Could you please produce a file
> similar to the one you sent already with different rotating angles?

I can only produce a file like that with the clefs you have designed if you
generate svg output instead of (or in addition to) the pdf output.

Use

lilypond -fsvg myfile.ly

in order to generate svg output (see Command line options for lilypond in
section 1.2 of Usage).

> (By the way: it is interesting to compare the values: my first
> rude approach was done with value 3;
> Carl proposes 1.5 which yields to a rotating angle of 1.1 degrees;
> Francisco votes for 2, this is 1.5 degrees;
> so the range between 1 and about 1.7 degrees  seems to be the
> most interesting one).

And my first test suggested somewhere between 1 and 2.5 degrees of just pure
rotation on the whole clef.

Thanks,

Carl