Re: lilycontrib

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilycontrib
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:09:33 +0000

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 01:03:19PM -0700, Carl Sorensen wrote:

> On 12/28/09 12:54 PM, "Ian Hulin" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Mark, this means you've got the option in your re-design of the CG
> > chapter headings to have a split between
> > * contributors using the git GUI and lilypond-git (formerly lilycontrib)
> > * contributors using git and git-cl from the bash shell
>
> Actually, I think it's a three-way split:
>
> * those using lily-git (not lilypond-git, that's the name of the directory)
>     This option requires no knowledge of git at all -- just use the 3
>     buttons
> * those using git gui
> * those using git command-line
>
> But I think that both those using git gui and git command-line need to
> understand what is going on with git.  So we may want to integrate the two
> somehow.

Why discuss git gui at all?  Just give the command-line options.
If somebody just wants to get work done, they use lily-git.tcl.
If they want extra power, they use the command-line plus a bit of
reading in the CG.  If they want to play around and learn about
git, then they use git gui plus reading git tutorials on their
own.

Cheers,
- Graham