Re: lilycontrib

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: lilycontrib
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 13:03:19 -0700

On 12/28/09 12:54 PM, "Ian Hulin" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 28/12/09 17:46, Graham Percival wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm currently on a Windows XP machine (just for this week);
>>> and it works fine.
>>
>> ok, in that case let's not bother him.  As long as you explain how to
>> move the file into the git bash shell (can you copy it with the
>> windows explorer, or does it need to be done on the command-line ?)
>> in the CG, that's fine.
>>
> Thanks, all, for confirming we *haven't* got a problem.
>
> Mark, this means you've got the option in your re-design of the CG
> chapter headings to have a split between
> * contributors using the git GUI and lilypond-git (formerly lilycontrib)
> * contributors using git and git-cl from the bash shell

Actually, I think it's a three-way split:

* those using lily-git (not lilypond-git, that's the name of the directory)
    This option requires no knowledge of git at all -- just use the 3
    buttons
* those using git gui
* those using git command-line

But I think that both those using git gui and git command-line need to
understand what is going on with git.  So we may want to integrate the two
somehow.

> instead of
> * contributors working on Linux/Unix whom we consider are cool and real
> developers and use the command line for git and git-cl

Is there an option in git gui to use git-cl from the gui?  I haven't been
aware of it, but I only took a quick look at the gui and went back to
command line.

Thanks,

Carl