Re: [frogs] Patch for Issue #830

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: [frogs] Patch for Issue #830
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 00:56:51 -0000

Graham Percival wrote Sunday, December 20, 2009 11:13 PM

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 11:05:27PM -0000, Trevor Daniels wrote:

git rebase --whitespace=fix master mymods

Can that be written as a universal preference?  and added to CG
1.1?  (I think it's that section; it might have moved)

This is only useful for people who are comfortable
with git branches, and they are not mentioned until
1.4 - Advanced git stuff.
Developers are certainly familiar with branches, as they
make code development so much easier and are essential
for uploading code to Reitveld.  Contributors generating
patches for documentation are probably not familiar
with git branches, so this will not help them.

Actually, I don't think rebase is mentioned in the CG.
I can't see it on a quick trawl.  It should be, as a
branch should be rebased before a patch is generated
from it if master has been updated since the branch
was created, else inadvertent reverts might be included.

I'll have a closer look tomorrow to see what should be
done.

Trevor