Re: [frogs] Patch for Issue #830

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: [frogs] Patch for Issue #830
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 14:46:59 +0000

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 12:56:51AM -0000, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> Graham Percival wrote Sunday, December 20, 2009 11:13 PM
>
>>> git rebase --whitespace=fix master mymods
>>
>> Can that be written as a universal preference?  and added to CG
>> 1.1?  (I think it's that section; it might have moved)
>
> Developers are certainly familiar with branches, as they
> make code development so much easier and are essential
> for uploading code to Reitveld.

I beg your pardon, but *I'm* not familiar with branches, and I
apply more patches from other people than anybody else.  If git
can be configured to automatically fix whitespaces, then I'll
copy&paste the command and then stop pushing commits that add
whitespace errors.

I'd rather keep that command in the CG somewhere -- I agree that
it doesn't need to be CG 1.1, but maybe a "configuration for
advanced commands" or whatever -- because I periodically switch
computers, and if I just find the command now, I won't have it "on
hand" when I set up another computer.

Cheers,
- Graham