Re: Code review/discussion time again.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Code review/discussion time again.
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 08:55:20 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> I have no idea what I am doing here.  In particular not with the
> \override, and the set-object-property!.  Can somebody explain to me
> just what data structures I happen to manipulate, and how a user is
> actually _supposed_ to be mangling them?

Well, given my apparent discrepance between coding and social
interaction skills, the resulting dearth of actually useful advice and
other things (recently a patch of mine was rejected that actually would
have brought some oversights in line with the rest), I think that it
might be the smoothest course of action if I just had commit access
myself.  Unfortunately, Lilypond does not readily lend itself to
extension just in source files, so some of the functionality I need
implemented needs to be put into the source, and it would be a pity if
it was not generally available.

I think I would like some more modularization; it does not make much
sense that everybody has harp pedal functionality loaded by default.  Or
accordion functionality.  But at the moment I don't feel fit for
rearchitecturing, it will be enough work to extend Lilypond in style for
my purposes.