Re: Code review/discussion time again.

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Code review/discussion time again.
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 10:05:31 -0700

On 11/21/09 9:35 AM, "David Kastrup" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On 11/21/09 12:55 AM, "David Kastrup" <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> Well, given my apparent discrepance between coding and social
>>> interaction skills, the resulting dearth of actually useful advice
>>> and other things (recently a patch of mine was rejected that actually
>>> would have brought some oversights in line with the rest),
>>
>> I don't think your patch was rejected.  It was just not immediately
>> applied.
>>
>> Sometimes it takes a while to get patches approved through the system.
>>
>> I would like to suggest that you post patches on Rietveld, rather than
>> directly to the -devel list.  That's the current recommended procedure
>> (see the Contributors' Guide for more information).  You'll get
>> comments from more than just me, and that will facilitate things.
>
> That course of action is appropriate for changes of semantics or new
> functionality.  It is utter overkill for janitorial work and
> documentation clarification.

I'm sorry my attempts at helping you have not been helpful.

I'll make one last suggestion, which you are free to ignore.

I'd suggest a message to -devel and to Han-Wen and Jan, with a simple
subject requesting push access, and no extra baggage.

They are the ones (as far as I know) who grant push priveleges.

HTH,

Carl