Re: [git 17e68b85] make error in documentation

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [git 17e68b85] make error in documentation
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 22:42:28 +0200 (CEST)

From: Patrick McCarty <address@hidden>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 13:02:11 -0700

> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 7:12 AM, Werner LEMBERG<address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> Additionally, it seems that some `convert' versions are buggy.
>>> Look, for example, at the attached image, created with version
>>> 6.4.3.  For testing, I've manually issued the current Makefile rule
>>>
>>>   convert -depth 8 \
>>>           -alpha Off \
>>>           -background white \
>>>           -layers flatten \
>>>           -trim \
>>>           text-input-1-annotate.svg \
>>>           text-input-1-annotate.png
>>>
>>> (omitting the problematic `+repage' option as mentioned in another
>>> mail).  As can be seen, the green and red rectangles no longer cover
>>> the letters exactly since there is missing indentation.
>>
>> I've just upgraded to convert 6.5.4: Now `+repage' is recognized, but
>> the result is even worse!  No fonts have been changed; calling the
>> above creates the attached image, which uses horrible fonts, and the
>> offset is still wrong.  Sigh.
>>
>> Anyone else who gets this?
>
> No, my output is fine (convert 6.5.4.8).  It's possible that your
> imagemagick is not compiled with rsvg support.  You can check this
> with
>
>   $ convert identify -list format | grep SVG

Indeed, I get this list:

     MSVG  SVG       rw+   ImageMagick's own SVG internal renderer
      SVG  SVG       rw+   Scalable Vector Graphics (XML 2.7.3)
     SVGZ  SVG       rw+   Compressed Scalable Vector Graphics (XML 2.7.3)

I'm using the openSuSE 11.2 package for ImageMagick.  It seems I have
to complain to them that rsvg is not compiled in -- and I have to
compile ImageMagick by myself...

> But we can't rely on that.

Actually, we can.  Just add some configure script code which checks
for rsvg.

    Werner