Re: [git 17e68b85] make error in documentation

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: [git 17e68b85] make error in documentation
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 07:24:58 +0100

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 02:25:45AM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > Werner, does the conversion from SVG->PNG work for you now?  I'll add
> > a configure rule soon if this does solve the problem.
>
> It's better (see attached image) but not really good -- inkscape still
> produces better results.

What was wrong with that image?  Looks fine to me, and that's what
I see from my own conversion.

*sigh* we've spent way too much effort on this.  Why don't we go
back to the idea of just adding a png directly?  The old web
branch did this, and it's not like we're going to change the png
often.

For the translated versions, the translator can modify the svg and
then generate a new png.  We don't store the translated svg; we
just keep the pngs for each language.

John: is it *really* worth going to all this much effort just to
avoid adding 6 images (per language) that are 16K each?

Cheers,
- Graham