Re: 2.13.4 release soon?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: 2.13.4 release soon?
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:55:44 -0700

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 05:42:31PM -0400, Dan Eble wrote:

> On 7 Aug 2009, at 03:37, Trevor Daniels wrote:
>
>> Graham wrote Thursday, August 06, 2009 11:53 PM
>>
>>> Sorry, not this time.  The purpose of the unstable releases is to
>>> aid the development effort; it doesn't make sense to hold Trevor
>>> and Mark back just because the doc build is in flux.
>>
>> The MinGW build that Neil made is fine, Graham, so
>> there's no need to rush on our behalf, but thanks
>> anyway.
>
> Not that I want to be the one nagging, but I'm sure I'm not the only one
> eager to try the new vertical spacing on Mac OS X.

Unfortunately the builder is broken at the moment.  I'm almost
overwhelmed trying to hack the documentation makefiles for the new
website and doc reorganization, and in any case it's a bit
difficult to do lots of work a server halfway across the world.

If anybody wants to investigate, here's the issues:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2009-08/msg00541.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2009-08/msg00533.html

There's actually a third issue; the scripts currently can't handle
uploading a release with a build version number.  But I can avoid
that by not including a build number (so it would be 2.13.4-0
rather than -1 or -2), so I don't consider this an important
problem.  I also made a really ugly patch to fix it, but it's so
ugly that I'd rather use -0 instead.

I'm hopeful that when I get to Glasgow, I'll get a desktop in my
supervisor's computing lab, so I would be able to investigate
locally.  That'll be the second week of Sep.

Cheers,
- Graham