Re: difference betwwen \pad-around and \pad-markup?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: difference betwwen \pad-around and \pad-markup?
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 17:18:56 -0700

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 05:54:17PM -0600, Carl Sorensen wrote:

> On 8/12/09 5:54 PM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Yes.  Now, we could just *hope* that there's only one convert-ly
> > update for each version, but that would be silly.  What about
> > adding:
> >    convert-ly --from "2.13.3" ...
>
> It appears that when I run convert-ly  on the regtests, it updates the
> version number on *every* regtest, not just those whose syntax has changed.

I was unclear.  If there is a convert-ly rule for x.y.z, then it
updates the version to x.y.z.  If there is no convert-ly rule for
x.y.z, then it leaves the number unchanged.

> So I have hundreds of files in my commit.

That's ok.

> That's why I wanted to have part of the job of releasing a development
> version be to
> A) bump VERSION
> B) run convert-ly on the Docs, the snippets, and the regtests.

Won't do anything, since there won't be any convert-ly rules
affecting last_released_version+1.

> A related problem is that when I run convert-ly as
>
> find input/regression *.ly | xargs convert-ly -e --from "2.13.3"
>
> it does a convert-ly on all the files in input/regression/out/* and
> input/regression/out-www/*.  I don't want to mess with those files; they're
> created by the build system.
>
> I've been trying to figure out how to get find to ignore any subdirectories
> called out/ or out-*/, but haven't been able to figure it out yet.  Any help
> would be appreciated.

find input/regression/ -name "*.ly" | grep -v "/out" | xargs
convert-ly -e --from "2.13.3"

Cheers,
- Graham