Re: difference betwwen \pad-around and \pad-markup?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: difference betwwen \pad-around and \pad-markup?
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:54:29 -0700

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 05:43:39PM -0600, Carl Sorensen wrote:

> Also, we need to recognize that the first commit after running convert-ly on
> the docs and the snippets will result in changes to every version statement.

Yes.  Now, we could just *hope* that there's only one convert-ly
update for each version, but that would be silly.  What about
adding:
   convert-ly --from "2.13.3" ...
(where 2.13.3 is the previous downloadable version)

to the above commands?

> Maybe we need to make sure that part of the release of a new development
> version is to:
>
> A. Bump VERSION
> B. Run convert-ly (there won't be any rules, but it will change all the
> version statements, so once convert-ly is run on a new snippet and changes
> it, the proper changes will be tracked in git.

convert-ly only changes version statements if there's a syntax
change, so this would do nothing.

> Back to update procedure:
>
> 3) If convert rule *is* NOT_SMART,
> A) Manually copy all snippets resulting in NOT_SMART conversion to
> B) Manually update all of these snippets:
> C) Run scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py

Yes, as far as it goes -- I didn't keep track of the numerous
discussions about translated docs.  What happens to those?

Cheers,
- Graham