Re: the "r" in "git pull -r"

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: the "r" in "git pull -r"
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 01:46:48 -0700

On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 11:20:29PM -0700, Patrick McCarty wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 11:02:49PM -0600, Andrew Hawryluk wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 8:45 PM, Patrick McCarty<address@hidden> wrote:
> > > I think it would be nice to have an entire CG section devoted to
> > > explaining what "rebasing" means,

Mao no.  The whole point of CG 1 is to let people get on with
lilypond development with a minimum amount of fussing with git!
There's already dozens of "explaining git" pages on the web;
nobody needs another one.

> > I'm currently reading 'Pro Git' by Scott Chacon
> > (http://progit.org/book/) and it's a very nice introduction to using
> > git for version control. It might make a nice link from the CG.
>
> That book looks great!  Thanks for the link.

Despite my above paragraph, I'm not opposed to adding links to
people's favorite git tutorial.  However, I don't expect any
contributor to read them, and I certainly won't be reading any.

Cheers,
- Graham