Re: Conversion of apostrophe in texi to PDF (was Re: Typos in LM)

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Conversion of apostrophe in texi to PDF (was Re: Typos in LM)
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:44:34 +0100

Reinhold, you wrote Friday, October 17, 2008 1:29 PM
Am Freitag, 17. Oktober 2008 schrieb Trevor Daniels:
There's (at least) one more, nested in an @warning.

Where exactly is this so I can check it, too?

Sorry, I should have said.  It's in LM 2.3.1, immediately
before Simultaneous music expressions: single staff.

I can't reverse the nesting here, and simply removing
the @code seems to cause curly quotes to appear in
the html. However, I have an old version of texi2html
so maybe it will be ok in the production version.

Inside a @warning, quotes are supposed to be replaced by curly quotes. After all, a warning is normal text, where normal typesetting rules apply. Anything inside @code is a different matter, and there will/should be no curly quotes
replacements inside @code.

Maybe not, but the straight quotes in the @code{..}
nested within @warning{..} are curly in the pdf.

Reinhold - could you check if straight quotes in
@warnings are replaced by curlies in the version you
are using.

Yes, of course they are.

In that case I don't see an easy solution.  We either
have curlies in the pdf or in the html.  Unless there
is some other way round this let's leave them as curlies
in the pdf, i.e. as they are at present.

Cheers,
Reinhold

Trevor