Re: How shall we treat AU "1.2 Compiling from source" in translations?

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: How shall we treat AU "1.2 Compiling from source" in translations?
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 20:04:40 +0200

2008/9/16 Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden>:
>> This chapter is actually not fully translated, it'd be a lie to say
>> the opposite, even if we'll never completely translate it.
>
> It depends on what you understand under "fully translated": 100% ==
> Everything that should be translated is translated, or 100% == Every
> text in the English docs has a correspondence in the translated file.
>
> It seems you think the latter, so it will never ever be possible that a
> translation is 100% complete. In contrast, I understand "fully
> translated" as "the docs are in the state they should be".

As I see it, the translation status report mechanism works very well
and colors are very informative. Except for the special case of
install.itely, that in Spanish it is fully translated and updated (at
least as it shoud be, as you said) and shows a 10 percent translated!
It is terrible that the more updated it is, the less percentage it
shows.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org