Re: right bearing of meter signs

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: right bearing of meter signs
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:08:56 +0100 (CET)

> > What do you think about some abbreviations like `\tight' to change
> > the default settings?
>
> Haven't thought about this yet. Are they that common?

It might be useful for fine-tuning a document.  Of course, it should
work locally:

  \tightspacing
  \normalspacing

> Perhaps the default should simply be changed?

Yes.  For crowded lines I would like to have more compressable space
between a time signature and the notes following it.  Additionally, I
believe that the space between a clef and a time signature/key
signature is too big in general.

    Werner