Re: \pitchnames and drumpitch-init.ly

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: \pitchnames and drumpitch-init.ly
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 13:17:33 +0100

Stacey Campbell wrote:

> Anyways, I've been running LilyPond 1.5.28 for a few days, and as

If you don't need the special features of the development version, you
really should install 1.4.10 (latest stable release) instead.
If you decide to keep on using 1.5.xx, please use address@hidden
instead og address@hidden

> However I've run into a problem with the drums support in lilypond.
> When I:
>
> \include "drumpitch-init.ly"
>
> I appear to lose the previous settings for \pitchnames, which makes
> things like:
>
> Key = \notes \key c \major

Yes. I still haven't made docu for the drum notation - and the drum
notation currently IS unfinished and about to change - so I don't think
that I will add much documentation yet... But you are not the first one
to ask, and perhaps we should add an example of rhythmic music notation.

Currently the easiest way is to reinclude english.ly after your drum
initialisation, like this:

\include "english.ly"
guitar = \notes { ... }
bass = \notes { ... }
\include "drumpitch-init.ly"
drumsup = \notes { \stemUp ... }
drumsdown = \notes {\stemDown ... }
congas = \notes { ... }
\include "english.ly"
\score { ... }

Notice that you won't have access to the drum pitches after the 2nd
include.

> as they should be in the paper output (I get lisp-y type errors when
> I try various things, and I haven't written any lisp in 18 years).

??? Can you compile input/test/drums.ly ?

-Rune