Re: other users using stable release

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: other users using stable release
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 01:17:50 +0100

> Mats Bengtsson wrote:
>

> > - Generated font files should end up in different locations
> >   for the different users.
>
> > The second problem is easily solved by setting the environment
> > variable $VARTEXFONTS, which determines the directory below
> > which the generated font files are stored. The default setting
> > in teTeX is /var/tmp/texfonts/, which is on local disc and, thus,
> > solves the problem.
>
> No, It does not solve the problem to store fonts on local disc (as you
> said, it is the default). Why should it? (Hint: We share machines).

OK! Then you could, for example set the variable to
/var/tmp/texfonts-stable and /var/tmp/texfonts-devel,
respectively. The only disadvantage is that you then
may get some duplicate copies also of the text fonts,
but I hope some extra 100 kB of disk space isn't a problem
nowadays.

> > For the first one, I'm afraid you'd have to add a separate
>
> No problem, installed in ~/usr/lily-devel/ and ~/usr/lily-stable/

  /Mats

Isn't it as late at night in Denmark as in Sweden?
I should really go to bed now!