Re: [Libunwind-devel] Backtrace on ARM

From: Daniel Jacobowitz
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] Backtrace on ARM
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 12:34:10 -0400

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 10:12:58AM +0100, Richard Titmuss wrote:
> The backtrace from all three tests are identical, just showing the
> do_backtrace function and not unwinding the stack. Also the glibc
> backtrace is not returning any results. I have tried experimenting with
> different compiler options, and a couple of different toolchains. My
> latest tests are using the CodeSourcery lite 2008q3-72 toolchain.

Alternatively, since you mentioned Lite...

Try 2009q1, which we published last week.  This release includes
support for backtrace() in GLIBC, using ARM-specific unwind
tables (which libunwind does not support).

They're tricky to support in libunwind, because the interpretation of
the table is up to an in-process personality routine, rather than the
traditional DWARF style standard layout.  But it could be done since
there are two standard formats which are used in 95% of cases.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery