Re: [Libunwind-devel] PowerPC64 Support finished

From: David Mosberger-Tang
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] PowerPC64 Support finished
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 07:50:36 -0600

On 7/24/07, Andrew Cagney <address@hidden> wrote:
David Mosberger-Tang wrote:
> Jose,
>
> On 7/12/07, Jose Flavio Aguilar Paulino <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> - I have to create a new kind of registers VREGS, because PowerPC has
>> vector registers (Special ones 128bits longs only for special
>> instructions) and the libunwind has General Use Registers and Flating
>> Pointer Registers. So I had to create a dummy register array in x86.
>
> Isn't a vector register the same size as a "long double"?  If so, do
> you really need to add the *vregs() interface?  I think you could just
> use the *fpregs() interface instead.

This needs to work cross-platform; can you assume that a _host's_ <<long
double>> is a 128-bit type?

Eh?  If "long double" doesn't match the host's format, you're screwed
anyhow.  That's why I'd suggest to declare fpreg_t based on
"unw_word_t" or something like that, like we do on ia64, for example.

 --david