Re: [Libunwind-devel] PowerPC64 Support finished

From: Arun Sharma
Subject: Re: [Libunwind-devel] PowerPC64 Support finished
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:12:51 -0700

On 7/24/07, David Mosberger-Tang <address@hidden> wrote:

Yes, I noticed that too.  Me thinks it would be safer to remove "long
double" and declare fpreg_t only in terms of (known-size) integer
types.  Arun, what do you think?

We might have to handle > 128 bit SSE (eg: 512 bit SSE) some day. So I actually prefer an interface separate from the fpreg.
But if we want to keep things simple for now, here's the status:

x86: long double is 96 bit, SSE is 128 bit
x86_64: both long double and SSE are 128 bit

So we could implement a union like ia64.

 -Arun

PS: http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/hardware/clearing-up-the-confusion-over-intels-larrabee.ars