libreplanet-ca-on

Re: [lp-ca-on] LinuxCon North America, FSF request

From: Rudolf
Subject: Re: [lp-ca-on] LinuxCon North America, FSF request
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2016 17:55:26 +0000

I'm not sure yet, I just emailed them back. I'll forward along your info!
-rudolf

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 1:54 PM Blaise Alleyne <address@hidden> wrote:
On 04/08/16 11:57 AM, Rudolf wrote:
> the FSF contacted me today with a request to see if I, or anyone I know (such as
> you great folks), would be interested in helping run the FSF's table at LinuxCon
> North America which is taking place in Toronto from August 21st to August 24th.
>
> more info on the event
> here: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon-north-america
>
> If anyone is interested in volunteering to run the FSF's table, and has not
> gotten an email from them, email me and I'll let the FSF membership coordinator
> know to get in touch with you.

Definitely interested! Not 100% sure if I can swing it yet though. Didn't get an
email from them. ( address@hidden )

Does that mean getting into the event at no cost? I helped run the FSF booth at
Ontario GNU/Linux Fest in 2007 and 2009, pretty sure that included free
admission as a vendor (rotated with other volunteers between manning the booth
and attending talks).