libredwg

Re: [libredwg] Someone would like to join "again"

From: Felipe Castro
Subject: Re: [libredwg] Someone would like to join "again"
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 16:46:18 -0300

2013/8/2 Till Heuschmann <address@hidden>

Please not another branch, it will be hard enough to sync the existing branches. I do not think that there is such a big bug in r2004 decoding (the existing segfault can be fixed with the correct struct alignment!).

Ok, if not a big deal, better to keep it together. But it do not hurt to isolate the problem for a first release, what about compiling switches?

Why force a release? Are there any benefits?

Yes, a tar ball is a good thing: some stable stuff to deal with. None may use a library which "never" get released. What's the problem to get an alpha release?

To get closer to a release this should be fixed:
- memory management

Yes, I agree, and I may try to help.

- object management (store the objects in a rb-tree or a hash map)

This is more like an API task, no?

You are very welcome to join libredwg again! I think about joining you.

Ok, nice, could you point what task could be done in parallel with the GSoC branches for now? I'm still lost, maybe I need just keep on understanding the code, ok?