Re: [Libreboot] Howto for Intel D510MO

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] Howto for Intel D510MO
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 12:45:46 +0200

On Sat, 23 Apr 2016 09:18:42 +0200
Michael Bohn <address@hidden> wrote:

> NOTE: video framebuffer currently unsupported, only text-mode works,
> even when booting GNU/Linux. This can still be used for building a
> headlesss server. Boot with fb=false"
>
> Did I need a serial VT Terminal to configure and install the system
> or could  I still  use the PS/2  an the graphic card.

If I understand well[1], you will only get
the "framebuffer console": When connecting a screen, you will have the
usual console login prompt(getty) but cannot use Xorg and graphical
user interfaces. This is fine for a server.

You should therefor be able to use a screen and a keyboard to type
commands.