[Libreboot] Re (2): Libreplanet keynote questions

From: peter
Subject: [Libreboot] Re (2): Libreplanet keynote questions
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 12:03:24 -0700

The following is meant to be positive rather than negative.

From:   Daniel Tarrero <address@hidden>
From:   Xavi Drudis Ferran <address@hidden>
From:   Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <address@hidden>
Date:   various

> ... keynote of this year's Libreplanet.

> ... what difference can make ...

> ... most used setup (to my knowledge) to resist such attacks
> consists in:
> - An FSF certified computer with libreboot.
> - GRUB in the BIOS flash, that can open encrypted rootfs.
> - The full rootfs (including /boot) ...

> ... uefi boot system comming, self signed boot roms ...

I admire the vigour in developing Libreboot, GRUB, rootfs
and etc.  Yet, in the long term, my confidence is really
in the approach advocated by Niklaus Wirth and associates.
For example much of the difficulty in auditing a Linux
software results from the immense size of it.  I'm not
convinced that more will really bring improvement.  What's
needed is less software and more efficiency.

Bear in mind that many wonderful gadgets were developed to
improve steam locomotives.  A few remain in museums.  The
rest are long gone to the steel furnace.

Regards,             ... Peter E.

--
123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 12
Tel +1 360 639 0202