Re: [Libreboot] libreplanet 2016 and libre dinner

From: Patrick 'P. J.' McDermott
Subject: Re: [Libreboot] libreplanet 2016 and libre dinner
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2016 22:14:01 -0500

On 2016-03-04 21:40, Christopher Allan Webber wrote:
> Veggie galaxy is great, but expect to spread out across many tables.
> There was an indian restaurant we went to a few years ago when I hosted
> a dinner at libreplanet, but I think they closed down and I can't find
> where it was.  They were sizable though.

That was The Maharaja [1], on the second floor of the building next to
Grendel's Den (corner of JFK St. and Winthrop St. near Harvard Square).
They're apparently open again.  That was a pretty nice place with big
tables.

In 2014 we went to The Asgard [2], which was also big and nice.  That's
on Mass Ave. halfway between MIT and Central Square.

There's also a nice Italian restaurant called Bertucci's on Main St.
Depending on the size of our crowd we could probably fit there, although
the tables are a little small.

In One Kendall Square there's The Friendly Toast, and down by Technology
Square is another Italian restaurant called Area Four.  These are a bit
smaller, though.

[1]: http://www.maharajaboston.com/
[2]: http://www.classicirish.com/asgard-home.php

> There are also some sizable-ish Ethiopian restaurants in Cambridge I've
> had success with.

There's Asmara up by Central Square.  It's small, but nice enough.

--
Patrick "P. J." McDermott
  http://www.pehjota.net/