Re: [libmicrohttpd] ZLib & MHD_create_response_from_fd_at_offset64: comp

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] ZLib & MHD_create_response_from_fd_at_offset64: compression on demand
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 12:49:04 +0100

Hi Silvio,

Sorry, that won't work. To send compressed replies *and* use sendfile()
the only way would be to have the gzip'ed file already on disk. (You'll
still need to set the right content encoding, and you must then _also_
have an uncompressed version of the file on disk in case a client does
not support compression.)

Happy hacking!

Christian