[libmicrohttpd] http2 support

From: Santos Das
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] http2 support
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 17:38:43 +0530

Hi ,

I am looking at the following email for the support if HTTP2 with MHD.

I am wondering can we not support HTTP1.1 and HTTP2.0 on the single server port, i.e if the client is using HTTP1.1 , server should reply on HTTP1.1 and if the client is running with HTTP2.0 then the server should reply with HTTP2.0.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libmicrohttpd/2018-03/msg00032.html

Looking at the changes done https://github.com/maru/libmicrohttpd-http2 , it seems it supports either HTTP1.1 or HTTP2.0. Can this not be done on a connection basis not the server basis.

User just adds "MHD_USE_HTTP2" flag when calling MHD_start_daemon.

LIB

StartDaemon H2 flag

HTTP1.1

HTTP2

Comments

Integrated (1.1+2)

FALSE

yes

no

on http2 run, the server is not sending initial preface, on gettting request, it closes the connection with FIN, program dumps core

Integrated (1.1+2)

TRUE

no

yes

server sends initial preface on accepting connection even if client is 1.1 and on request, client(curl command line) itself closes the connetion

Thanks, Santos