Re: [libmicrohttpd] MHD_add_connection multiple requests

From: Wolfgang Haupt
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] MHD_add_connection multiple requests
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 10:22:16 +0100

On 01/03/2014 09:28 AM, Christian Grothoff wrote:
On 01/03/2014 08:18 AM, Wolfgang Haupt wrote:
I guess my problem is that the connection where I get the first GET
request is still sending data, while the Mediaplayer is requesting
another range of data. This is usually OK if the client can
establish the connections, because it just uses a new connection for
the second (and all following) GETs.
Well, that should be no problem, unless you've limited the number of
connections per IP (which you can do in MHD) to a number that is too
small for your client. MHD can easily handle thousands of concurrent
requests.
If I have called MHD_add_connection only once and used
|MHD_USE_NO_LISTEN_SOCKET then I have only 1 connection for my client,
right?
Yes.

So this is definitely wrong usage, I guess?
Yes, now you might be able to call 'add_connection' again somehow,
but again the challenge is building this kind of reverse TCP connection
to a client that expects things to work differently ;-).
That's exactly what I'm going for right now.
Happy hacking!

Christian

Thanks a lot for helping me to understand what's going on here. That was definitely worthy information for me.
I can let you know if I managed to get the reverse hack working, if you're interested.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang