Re: [libmicrohttpd] MHD_add_connection multiple requests

From: Wolfgang Haupt
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] MHD_add_connection multiple requests
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 08:18:21 +0100

On 01/02/2014 10:33 PM, Christian Grothoff wrote:
On 01/02/2014 07:56 PM, Wolfgang Haupt wrote:
Dear Christian,

thank you very much for your fast reply.

I guess my problem is that the connection where I get the first GET
request is still sending data, while the Mediaplayer is requesting
another range of data. This is usually OK if the client can
establish the connections, because it just uses a new connection for
the second (and all following) GETs.
Well, that should be no problem, unless you've limited the number of
connections per IP (which you can do in MHD) to a number that is too
small for your client. MHD can easily handle thousands of concurrent
requests.
If I have called MHD_add_connection only once and used MHD_USE_NO_LISTEN_SOCKET then I have only 1 connection for my client, right?
So this is definitely wrong usage, I guess?

your solution (HTTP with connection reversal is usually a pretty
insane thing to try as a solution for NAT in my book).
Sounds bad for me, this is exactly what I wanted to do...

I know that MHD does not handle range-requests itself, I already
managed to parse the range request add the right accept-ranges and
send the correct data when there's no NAT between my server and the
client.

Do you know of any alternativ approaches to solve such a problem?
I've not tried it personally, but I think you might want to look at
Pagekite: http://pagekite.net/
Thanks for that, I'll check out if i can use this.

Happy hacking!

Christian