[Libcdio-devel] possible libcdio ABI breakage

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] possible libcdio ABI breakage
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:36:24 -0500

Hi -

I was looking at the AIX code I started before the last release and
just committed it. Because it adds an enumeration to the list of
drivers, the ABI is broken and I don't see a simple not to break it,
although I suppose one could have more brokenness as is there by
putting it first as opposed to more towards the end, but real drivers
have to come before image drivers.

The AIX driver is mostly non-functional and I probably will remove it
before the next release. But since I know there are people who feel
strongly about ABI breakage I invite comments and solicit help.

Thanks