Re: Capability object revocation and obj->clients

From: Neal H. Walfield
Subject: Re: Capability object revocation and obj->clients
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 23:14:52 +0100

> However, I found a bug in obj-copy-out: the client list was not set up
> properly.  Here's the attached patch.

This patch is right, however, I think that OBJ->CLIENTS is only half
as useful as it could be.  Instead, I think that there should be a
doubly linked list of cap entries hanging off of the capability object
(obj->cap_entries) and each capability object entry should have a back
pointer to the client.  This makes revocation easier as you can
directly iterate over the list of capability entries.  And when you do
need to iterate over all the clients using a capability object, you
can still do it and no less efficiently than with the CLIENT_ITEM
list.

Marcus, do you agree with this change?

Neal