Capability object revocation

From: Matthieu Lemerre
Subject: Capability object revocation
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 22:30:38 +0200

Hello,

I would like to complete libhurd-cap-server to support capability
object revocation, so as to I can properly implement the
task_terminate RPC.

So I wrote a void obj-revoke(hurd_cap_obj_t obj) function which is
called by task_terminate, then iterates through the client list, and
find the capability entry corresponding to the object and the client.

And then I don't know what to do; both setting the dead flag or
decreasing the internal ref triggers an assert.

So should obj_revoke be called in bucket_manage_mt? Or maybe
manage_demuxer_cleanup should handle the revocation? I must confess
that I don't know what to do.

However, I found a bug in obj-copy-out: the client list was not set up
properly.  Here's the attached patch.

2005-04-09  Matthieu Lemerre  <address@hidden>

        * obj-copy-out.c (_hurd_cap_obj_copy_out): Set the client_item to
        client.

Thanks,
Matthieu