Re: Getting Started with Hurd-L4

From: Sam Mason
Subject: Re: Getting Started with Hurd-L4
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:26:26 +0100

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
>I don't remember something like "scheduler activations reference", but
>certainly we are expected to (and actually need to) implement a
>user-space scheduler.

"Scheduler activations" are for the scheduling of the users threads
inside of a task - which, in general, have nothing to do with the
threads as seen by the kernel.  I assume what you mean is the
scheduler for the kernel-level threads.  I'd personally expect
this to be implemented quite late on, with a very basic scheduling
algorithm being used initially.

  Sam