Re: Getting Started with Hurd-L4

From: Sam Mason
Subject: Re: Getting Started with Hurd-L4
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:41:45 +0100

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
>BTW, which version of bochs are you using

A CVS snapshot.  Once I found the right subset of features to use
it worked like a charm - though the errors were a bit confusing at
first though.  The actual tar file was:

  http://bochs.sourceforge.net/cvs-snapshot/bochs-20040926.tar.gz

and I configured it with:

  ./configure --enable-cpu-level=6 --enable-apic --enable-4meg-pages
--enable-pae --enable-global-pages --disable-cdrom --enable-sep --enable-ne2000

Hope that helps!

>(and which pistachio)?

CVS version - I just assumed that it would require the latest stuff.
Your 'ickle patch hasn't made it into CVS yet, BTW.

>I use qemu.

I've used Bochs before, so just used it without thinking - Qemu looks
fun though!

Not very related, but how come Qemu's mailing lists are available
in "mbox" format but l4-hurd's aren't?

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/
vs
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/l4-hurd/