Re: Build environment?

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Build environment?
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 16:46:11 +0200

At Wed, 06 Oct 2004 13:21:43 +0200,
Bas Wijnen <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I've got a Debian GNU/Linux box running on x86 hardware, I assume that's ok
> > :).
>
> That's what I'm using here, and it works fine :-)

I use a bochs setup that allows me to boot via tftpboot (including the
menu.lst file).  So my GRUB config, the kernel and all the stuff is in
/tftpboot, and I just run bochs.  Works like a charm.  I am happy to
share the config if anybody is interested.

Currently you don't even need a cross compiler.

> > Does L4-Hurd build against Pistachio?  Or does it work with Fiasco or
> > some other L4?
>
> Pistachio.

I checked Pistachio 0.4 yesterday, and have some fixes for libl4 that
I just checked in, but nothing serious.  The bunch of the work was
already done several months ago when syncing against L4 CVS at that
time.

> > I noticed it has it's own sigma0.
>
> No, it doesn't, only the link-base should be changed using
> --with-s0-linkbase=0x40000
> as argument to configure (in pistachio/user)

The patches for sigma0 in the README file should note be necessary
with pistachio 0.4 anymore.  But I have not yet tested it.

Thanks,
Marcus