koha-zebra

Re: [Koha-zebra] Re: Unimarc, marc21, Unicode, and MARC::File::XML

From: Adam Dickmeiss
Subject: Re: [Koha-zebra] Re: Unimarc, marc21, Unicode, and MARC::File::XML
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 20:57:30 +0100

Tümer Garip wrote:
Hi Adam,
You seem a bit offended that was not my intention, just frustation
sometimes
makes me use harsh words and translanting them to english may be too
harsh.

I do not need to send you any config+examples cause I tested this with
your default config files. I am attaching an xml record in utf-8
If you're to receive help from me you need to to tell me which zebra.cfg you're using. And show me the record + the way you indexed it (zebraidx update ?)

Briefly I had default configuration files and build zebra with xml
records. When I noticed the problem
I used yaz-client to see what was going on. On my log I could see data
going in the zebra was with encoding utf-8
While yaz client was returning xml with headers saying iso-8859-1 while
I could actually see the utf-8 characters as they show as hex in yaz
client.
I also need to know what you see? And you you'd expect to see.

/ Adam

I have retried this procedures just now and it seems the same. Just
adding encoding:UTF-8 to zebra.cfg and restarting the server you get
correct heading and correct data. Please note that server has to be
restarted but zebradb does not have to be rebuilt.

Thanks
Tumer