koha-translate

Re: [Koha-translate] translation

From: Joshua Ferraro
Subject: Re: [Koha-translate] translation
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 15:53:00 -0500

On 1/17/08, Ignacio Javier <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> Is my intention start to translate koha 3 to:
>
> Language name: Galego
> English language name: Galician
> Character coding: ISO-8859-15
> ISO 639-1: gl
>
> What is the preferred method for windows editing, windows Poedit or web
> manager interface?:
> http://translate.koha.org/get_tables.php?lg=en&view=all
It would be best if you could do the translation in UTF-8. Shouldn't
be a problem
as Galego uses a latin character set.

We use the RFC4646 language subtags registry, not ISO 639-1, and the
code for Galego (Galacian) is also 'gl':

Type: language
Subtag: gl
Added: 2005-10-16
Suppress-Script: Latn

I have added this language to translate.koha.org, but please keep in
mind it should
be UTF-8 as Koha 3 uses UNICODE for the interfaces. Also please bear in mind
the deadline for submissions is 1 Feb. Happy Translating

Cheers,

address@hidden |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS