koha-devel

[Koha-devel] rel_2_2 commits & status [IMPORTANT]

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] rel_2_2 commits & status [IMPORTANT]
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 17:58:09 +0100

Yesterday, during our IRC meeting, we spoke of the rel_2_2 status.
We decided to go with 2 versions :
- 2.2.7.1, that can be released soon. slef should branch it on CVS & backport bugfixes.
- 2.2.8, that will be released a little bit after.

Looking for the last 68 commits this morning, I saw that something is really wrong on CVS (rel_2_2) : - one commit is so buggy that a .pm don't even compile, causing an Internal Server Error on opac-main.pl !!! - a heavy dependancy has been added, Date::Time. it comes from a copy/paste of HEAD, with lot of subs in Date.pm that are useless. If you look at rel_3_0, you'll see that Date.pm use Date::Calc. It's really easier to install, is fast & works fine. - a SQL table has been added, through a .sql. The good way to do this is use updater/updatedatabase script, that will take care of everything when the release is done.

As a conclusion :
- I URGE you to always check when you commit that what you commit compiles. And in a stable branch, you MUST check that there is not unstability added. Or you should warn us on this list. - having a quick 2.2.7.1 is a necessity, as 2.2.8 will have to be delayed until all recent commits will have to be checked twice i'm afraid...
--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants