koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Authorities : Tree Display.

From: Henri-Damien LAURENT
Subject: [Koha-devel] Authorities : Tree Display.
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 15:38:39 +0200

Hi,
I designed a display of trees for hierarchical authorities.
It is based on an analysis of authority records.

It is mainly hard-coded. But could get adapted if need be. (And this
avoids a big bunch of system preferences.)

In my case, trees were to be found for subject authorities (main heading
in field250).
In UNIMARC, $3 subfield contains authority number, $5 contains a code
that will tell you whether the field contains a broader term ($5==g)
or a narrower term ($5==h).

So let's take an example.
250$3 1212 $aEurope
550$3 1213 $5 g $aContinents
550$3 1214 $5 h $aFrance
550$3 1215 $5 h $aGermany
550$3 1216 $aNATO

Will be displayed :
Continents+
                  (Europe
                   Asia
                   America
                   Africa...)
                         (Continents)
                         +Europe+
                                       (France
                                       Germany)

hierarchy.css contains the stylesheets for these facilities.

So long.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT