koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Frameworks in rel_2_2

From: Henri-Damien LAURENT
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Frameworks in rel_2_2
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:24:55 +0200

Tümer Garip a écrit :
> Hi all,
> I think the framework idea was quite fine but has been taken to the
> extreme. If frame works were used just as subsets of the default just to
> allow the cataloger to see the necessary fields depending on what they
> are cataloguing than its a wonderful idea. But the way it is being used
> is messing everything up. I suggest we keep the frameworks but change
> the usability to just closing and opening fields for editor purposes.
> Apart from that everything should be mapped in the default framework
> otherwise nobody will be able to search anything. Even with the new
> koha_attr table. That one i designed it so that it only looks in the
> default framewok if ever it need to lookup, otherwise god knows who
> wants to store where.
>
> So just simply remove the kohafield mapping from child frameworks and we
> can go ahead designing this new API. We may run into more problems later
> on if we just map title,author and itemtype when somebody comes who
> wants some other unusual field displayed on their serachresult templates
> later on.
>
> Well thats another cent of idea
>
> Cheers
> Tumer

Well, then it is only a display problem... With a TMPL_IF if could be
solved... ;)

But what if user would like to :
1) get some default values for issues and some other with monographies
(for instance) ?
2) get different lists to pick up values depending on the framework used ?
I came across the question and said : Koha doesnot do that.

Friendly yours.
--
Henri-Damien LAURENT