koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] FW: RDBMS like behaviour or merged result sets from ZEB

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] FW: RDBMS like behaviour or merged result sets from ZEBRA-ZOOM
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:41:02 +0200

Chris Cormack a écrit :
Hmmm

It sounds like storing the holdings info in zebra is going to be a no go.

I still think that storing information that changes regularly, like issue
status, and other holdings info should be stored in something like a rdbms

Would storing the holdings info in mysql (or other rdbms) be a bad thing?

Storing everything in zebra will let user see the document status from z3950 server directly. The no-go is probably why no z3950 server does this : it's too much time consuming.

another reason for holding in a separate DB is to have a complete MARC record for holdings. Holdings for UNIMARC exists, even if all the libraries I know uses "recommandation 995" that store holding in 995 field.

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants