koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] feature list for Koha 2.4/3.0 (hdl & paul coding planni

From: Roger Horne
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] feature list for Koha 2.4/3.0 (hdl & paul coding planning)
Date: Mon Jul 18 15:20:46 2005

On Fri 15 Jul, Joshua Ferraro wrote:

> It might be nice to improve the template's method for switching languages.
> Currently it's a dropdown box with selections -- might be better to have
> a resident series of 'flags' for supported languages that the user could
> click on and reload the current page in the new langauge.

Have you tried changing languages from en to fr from the opac using the ntl
template? Don't on a production version using Firefox on Suse in 2.2.3:
there are no fr templates, the system crashes and the only way to recover is
to change templates from the intranet interface. I could not understand the
code in the relevant page (which I am unwilling to try to find again ... :-)
It uses <TEMPL_IF> without qualifying the ...IF.

But wouldn't it be better to list the alternatives using something like
"while (defined (my $language=readdir(TEMPLATE_DIR))){...}", rather than
listing the alternatives in the main script, so that only the alternative
languages that actually exist for a particular set of templates are
displayed?

Roger
--
Roger Horne, 11 New Square, Lincoln's Inn, London WC2A 3QB
http://hrothgar.co.uk/YAWS/