koha-devel

RE: [Koha-devel] Also...

From: Nicholas Rosasco
Subject: RE: [Koha-devel] Also...
Date: Mon Mar 4 11:07:40 2002

> >   3.  Soundex searches (ie searching for elefant will turn up elephant
> >       results)
> >
> Ohh yeah, I know the librarians at HLT would love that

http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.6.1/lib/Text/Soundex.html
http://search.cpan.org/search?mode=module&query=soundex

Have some info on this -- at least something exists already.  Knuth's Art of
Computer Programming apparently has info on it in Vol. 3.

Only real issue with it is US-English bias, apparently.  It was originally
created for indexing immigration records where original spelling was
phonetic by an English-language listener, AFAICR.

Nick