kawa-commonlisp-dev

Re: [Kawa-commonlisp-dev] Fwd: Switching to Guile's #nil

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: [Kawa-commonlisp-dev] Fwd: Switching to Guile's #nil
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 09:17:28 -0700

John Cowan wrote:
FWIU, in Kawa the the Scheme equivalent of Lisp's NIL is the empty list.
I wanted to explore the possibility of adopting Guile's convention of
using a separate object notated #nil in Scheme.

I don't have time right now to write about this except to note
that I've been thinking about using Java null for Lisp nil.
That improves Lisp/Java interoperability, and may not hurt
Lisp/Scheme interoperability (depending on the details).
The later may not matter so much anyway.
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://per.bothner.com/