jessie-discuss

Re: [Jessie-discuss] Re: please help me.

From: Martin Egholm Nielsen
Subject: Re: [Jessie-discuss] Re: please help me.
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:28:39 +0200

Hi,

>> *got the errors at the testclient:*
>>
>> javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: could not verify peer
>> certificate:
>> C=US,ST=CA,L=City,CN=localhost,address@hidden
>> <mailto:address@hidden>
>
> You need to set up a trusted key store that contains the
> certificate that signed the server certificate you are using.
>
> Alternatively, you can set the security property
> "jessie.certificate.handler" to
> "org.metastatic.jessie.ConsoleCertificateHandler". That will make
> jessie

> ask you if it is OK to connect to a sever that presented an
> unverifiable certificate.

 thank you for your answer.

 I have tried to change only in testclient.java :
 java.security.Security.setProperty("jessie.certificate.handler",
 "org.metastatic.callbacks.ConsoleCallbackHandler"); to

java.security.Security.setProperty("org.metastatic.jessie.ConsoleCertificateHandler",
 "org.metastatic.callbacks.ConsoleCallbackHandler");

 But the errors are same as before. Then I checked the glibj.zip of
 classpath-0.92. There is no ConsoleCertificateHandler.class in
 glibj.zip, but the ConsoleHandler in /java/util/logging.
 ConsoleCallbackHandler is now in /gnu/javax/security/auth/callback/.

Yes, Jessie is AFAIR no longer standalone, but integrated in GNU Classpath - and namespace has changed.

 and then I got the mail from you.

 So I have olny changed my testclient and attached your code in them.
 But it doesn't work. The errors are the same as before. Please see my
 testclient.java in attachment whether I have done it correctly.

(Not having tried it myself) I suggest you try either of the two:

===== 1 =====
-    ctx.init(null, null, null);
+   ctx.init(null, trustAll, new java.security.SecureRandom());

or:

===== 2 =====
-    try
-    {
-      javax.net.ssl.SSLContext sc =
+    javax.net.ssl.SSLContext sc = null;
+    try
+    {
+      sc =

-    SSLContext ctx = SSLContext.getInstance("SSLv3", "Jessie");
-    ctx.init(null, null, null);
+    SSLContext ctx = sc;

Where "-" means find and remove this line and replace with the one indicated with "+".

// Martin