Re: Mail layout and fonts

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Mail layout and fonts
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 18:28:19 +0200

Elias Mårtenson <lokedhs@gmail.com> writes:

> I disagree. Sometimes you are working in an
> organisation where Outlook is the main means of
> communication. If so, you need to (unfortunately)
> post messages that conforms to this style.
> This includes including the entire email chain below
> your message, as well as your own messages being
> HTML formatted.

That never happened to me, and God willing it
never will.

I see it even left you post-traumatized because you
don't quote like us but instead answer hanging in the
air and then leave the replied-to post in its entirety
below you post.

Also, it doesn't matter if anyone uses Outlook or Gnus
or any other client for that matter. Well, of course
it matters in the sense that those with style and
precision use Gnus. But it doesn't matter how quoting
should be done, how the signature should be done
(below a double dash and a space, i.e. "-- " as
described in section 4.3 of [1]), and so on. Mails are
interface agnostic - or should be.

> because Emacs does not have a HTML parser so I need
> to call out to an external program for that. I'll be
> happy to provide advice for anyone that wants to try
> it though.

Emacs have several web browsers - for example the
high-quality piece of software Emacs w3m. Emacs w3m is
in the Debian repositories but isn't shipped with
Emacs. But Emacs comes with eww which should be good
but with many less man-hours put into it compared to
the mature Emacs w3m. Anyway I don't see how any of
this would work without (probably several)
HTML parsers?

[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3676.txt

--
underground experts united