Re: Mail layout and fonts

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Mail layout and fonts
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 18:47:32 +0200

Elias Mårtenson <lokedhs@gmail.com> writes:

> Indeed. It not only seems extreme, it _is_ extreme.
> However, in certain industries this is pretty much
> required. The alternative is to run Outlook or
> Evolution or some other email application that can
> handle it.

Another alternative is not to be a banker :)

Besides now that you nox'd your profession and assumed
income you have to contribute monetarily to the GNU
movement, or else...

:)

> Like it or not, this is how people work in these
> industries and if you're able to avoid it, great.
> That means that you are lucky enough to not need
> what I built. I certainly wish that I didn't have to
> use it myself, but it's either that or not use Gnus.
> I choose the latter. ... That said, compared to the
> amount of time I would have wasted having had to use
> a different email client, it's definitely worth it.

Yes, in principle it is a good approach. I say "in
principle" because sometimes it isn't possible to
bridge that gap satisfactorily. You get a half-baked
result which can be even more frustrating. Say that
Outlook is 50% the way you want it. Adapted Gnus is
80% the way you want it. When you use the 80% you are
constantly reminded of those lacking 20%, and in your
mind they start to grooo000w. Soon you are at 50%
again, only this time you are aware of your failure as
well which makes it 40% or 30%. But if you bridged the
gap 95%-100% then your efforts are well spent
- congratulations.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573