Re: gnus-calendar / gnus-icalendar in Emacs24?

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: gnus-calendar / gnus-icalendar in Emacs24?
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 23:52:51 +0100

Emanuel writes:

> G00gle reveals that icalendar is an accursed Apple thing, so I suppose
> it is an integration with Apple's calendar. Good for you - eh :)

Many programs support the format, and it is defined in rfc5545, so
"accursed Apple thing" is not quite accurate.

To wit:

 * http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICalendar

I use gnus-icalendar at work to avoid having to use Outlook, and I use
the iCalendar format at home to get calendars from my computers to show
up on an Android phone. No Apple involved.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the          Adam Sjøgren
  reality I accept."                                     asjo@koldfront.dk